Post – Pharmacist
Engagement of Part-time Pharmacist On contract basis with fixed hourly remuneration
Applications are invited from eligible candidates to fill up Two (02) posts (One reserved for
SC candidate and One reserved for OBC candidate) of Part-time Pharmacist on
contractual basis, with fixed hourly remuneration for a maximum period of 240 days for
various dispensaries of Reserve Bank of India, Chandigarh Regional Office (herein after
referred to as ‘the Bank’).
- Interested and eligible candidates may make an application as per the format given in
Annex-I only. Application in a sealed cover along with photocopies of certificates of
Professional/Academic/Other qualifications, caste certificate, experience certificate etc.
should reach the Regional Director, Reserve Bank of India, Human Resource
Management Department, Central Vista, Sector 17, Chandigarh – 160017 on or before
June 13, 2023.
- Candidates seeking reservation as Schedule Caste (SC) / Other Backward Class
(OBC) must ensure that they are entitled to such reservation and should also submit all the
requisite certificates in the prescribed format in support of their claim while forwarding the
- Candidates seeking reservation as SC/OBC, shall have to produce a certificate in the
prescribed proforma ONLY, meant for appointment to posts under the Government of India
from the designated authority clearly indicating the candidate’s caste, the Act/Order under
which the caste is recognised as SC/OBC and the Village/Town the candidate is ordinarily a
resident of. They must also ensure that the name of their caste/community and its spelling in
their caste/community certificate should be exactly as mentioned in the lists notified by the
central government from time to time (for OBC category list of castes recognized by the
Government of India as OBC castes in the central list is available on the
site http://www.ncbc.nic.in and for SC category the list of castes for each state is available on
the site http://www.socialjustice.nic.in). A certificate containing any variation in the caste
name will not be accepted. Further the OBC certificate should also clearly indicate that the candidate does not belong to creamy layer as defined by the Government of India for applying to posts and services under the Central Government. Candidates belonging to OBC category but falling under the ‘Creamy Layer’ are not entitled to OBC reservation. OBC candidates availing reservation benefit will have to produce OBC certificate issued on or after April 01, 2022 with Non-Creamy Layer clause as per Government of India guidelines
5. Candidates are advised to thoroughly read this advertisement and satisfy themselves about their eligibility before submitting the application.
6. Corrigendum: Please note that Corrigendum, if any, issued on the above advertisement, shall be published only on the Bank’s website www.rbi.org.in.
7. Applications not in the prescribed format or not accompanying with copies of requisite documents / certificates will be summarily rejected.
8. Eligibility, Terms & Conditions:
i. Educational qualification:
- Matriculation or its equivalent examination.
- Applicant should possess minimum qualification of Diploma in Pharmacy from recognized University registered under Pharmacy Act 1948.
- Applicant having bachelor’s degree (B. Pharm) in Pharmacy can also apply for this post.
- Applicant should be registered with Pharmacy council of Chandigarh, Punjab, Himachal Pradesh or Haryana.
- Minimum experience of two (02) years as a pharmacist. Experience with PSB’s/PSU’s/Government organization will be given preference.
- Basic working knowledge of computer.
9. Remuneration, duty hours and other conditions:
i. Pharmacists will be paid a fixed remuneration at the rate of Rs. 400/- per hour with a maximum period of five (05) hours per day, not exceeding maximum of Rs.2000/- per day and will not be entitled to any pay, allowance or any other perks/facilities.
ii. The services rendered by the Pharmacist shall not confer on him/her any right for a temporary or permanent post in the Bank’s service.
iii. The Pharmacist shall not be a regular employee of the Bank and shall not be entitled to any facilities admissible to regular employees of the Bank.
iv. The offer of engagement will be for a maximum period of 240 days at a stretch and purely on contractual basis.
v. The Bank reserves the right to allocate any dispensary, at its discretion, located within the jurisdiction of Chandigarh. The Pharmacists may be attached to any one or more of the Bank’s dispensary, as per the requirement of the Bank. The decision in this regard shall be final and the Bank will not entertain any correspondence in this regard.
vi. The Bank shall have the right to stop utilizing the services of the Pharmacist at any time without any notice or reason thereof.
vii. The Pharmacists should comply with and obey all orders and directions, which may from time to time be issued by an employee of the Bank under whose jurisdiction, superintendence and control, they are placed.
viii. The Pharmacist should maintain strict secrecy regarding the Bank’s affairs and serve the Bank honestly and loyally with high integrity.
ix. Ordinarily the duty hours of the Pharmacist shall be as follows:
|S. No.||Location||Working days||Tentative Working Hours$||Remuneration|
|1.||Reserve Bank of India, Central Vista, Sector 17, Chandigarh-160017||Monday to Friday||12:30 hrs. to 17:30 hrs.||₹ 400/- per hour|
|2.||Reserve Bank of India Officers Colony, Sector 44-B, Chandigarh- 160047||Monday to Saturday||08:15 hrs. to 10:15 hrs.|
|Reserve Bank of India Colony, Sector 30-A, Chandigarh -160030||Monday to Friday||13:30 hrs. to 18:30 hrs.|
|Saturday||10:45 hrs. to 14:30 hrs.|
|$Subject to change as per requirement|
x. However, whenever necessity arises the Pharmacist shall be required to work in any of the Bank’s dispensaries at Chandigarh during the working hours of that dispensary and remuneration shall be paid depending upon the number of hours, for which the services of the Pharmacists shall be utilized by the Bank.
10. Modalities for selection:
- The Bank will be conducting an interview for the shortlisted candidates. The Bank reserves the right to raise the minimum eligibility standards etc. in order to limit the number of candidates to be called for interview. The decision of the Bank in this regard will be final. Mere fulfilling of the eligibility criteria does not entitle the candidate to be called for Interview. Please note that no TA/HA & any other allowances will be paid for attending the interview.
- Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of overall education qualifications (PG/Degree/Diploma), distance of residence from various Bank’s dispensaries, experience with PSBs/PSU’s/Government organization etc.
- Candidates shortlisted after the interview will be subjected to medical examination and document verification process before engagement as pharmacist on contractual basis. The cost of these medical examination will have to be borne by the applicant/s themselves.
- Selected candidate will be engaged as pharmacist on his/her being found medically fit and on acceptance of Terms and Conditions and the Code of Conduct (Annex II). The decision of the Bank in this regard shall be final and the Bank will not entertain any correspondence in this regard.
- The selected candidate has to sign an agreement with the Bank before engagement as Pharmacist (on Contract basis) with fixed hourly remuneration.
Code of Conduct:
i. Every Pharmacist shall observe, comply with and obey all orders and directions which may from time to time be given to them by any person under whose jurisdiction, superintendence or control he/she may for the time being be placed.
ii. Every Pharmacist shall maintain the strictest secrecy regarding the Bank’s affairs and the affairs of its constituents and shall not divulge, directly or indirectly, any information of a confidential nature either to a member of the public or of the Bank’s staff, unless compelled to do so by judicial or other authority, or unless instructed to do so by a superior officer in the discharge of his/her duties.
iii. Every Pharmacist shall serve the Bank honestly and faithfully and shall use his/her utmost endeavors to promote the interests of the Bank and shall show courtesy and attention in all transactions.
iv. No Pharmacist shall take an active part in politics or in any political demonstration or stand for election as a Member for a Municipal Council, District Board or any Legislative Body.
v. No Pharmacist shall become or continue to be a member or office-bearer of, or be otherwise directly or indirectly associated with, any Trade Union or a Federation of such Trade Union or resort to, or in any way abet, any form of strike or participate in any violent, unseemly or indecent demonstration in connection with any matter pertaining to his/her terms and conditions of contract.
vi. No Pharmacist may contribute to the press anything relating to the affairs of the Reserve Bank of India without the prior sanction in writing from the Bank or publish any document, paper, or information which may come into his/her possession in his/her capacity as Pharmacist engaged by the Bank.
vii. A Pharmacist shall not solicit or accept any gift from any employee.
viii. A Pharmacist shall not absent from his/her duties without the permission from the Bank and making alternate arrangement acceptable to the Bank during his/her absence. Such alternate arrangement shall not exceed five days at a time.
ix. A Pharmacist shall not outsource his/her service to the Bank.
x. A Pharmacist shall –
- strictly abide by any law relating to intoxicating drinks or drugs in force in any area in which, he/she may, for the time being, happen to be;
- not be under the influence of any intoxicating drink or drug while on duty and shall take care that performance of his/her duties at any time is not affected in any way by the influence of such drink or drug;
- refrain from consuming, in a public place, any intoxicating drink or drug;
- not appear in a public place in a state of intoxication;
- not use any intoxicating drink or drug to excess.
Explanation: The term “public place” would include clubs even exclusively meant for members where it is permissible for the members to invite non-members as guests, bars and restaurants, public conveyances and all other places to which the public have or are permitted to have access, whether on payment or otherwise.
xi. No Pharmacist shall indulge in any act of sexual harassment of any man/woman employee at workplace.
Explanation: For this purpose, “Sexual Harassment” shall include such unwelcome sexually determined behavior, whether directly or by implication as:-
- Physical contact and advances,
- Demand or request for sexual favours,
- Sexually coloured remarks,
- Showing pornography,
- Any other unwelcome physical, verbal or non-verbal conduct of a sexual nature.
xii. The contract is liable to be terminated if a Pharmacist is arrested for debt or on a criminal charge or is detained in pursuance of any process of law.
xiii. Pharmacist shall neither give, solicit or receive nor shall offer to give solicit or receive, any gift, gratuity, commission or bonus in consideration of or return for referring, recommending or procuring of any patient for medical, surgical or other treatment. A Pharmacist shall not directly or indirectly, participate in or be a party to act of division, transference, assignment, subordination, rebating, splitting or refunding of any fee for medical, surgical or other treatment.
xiv. The provision at (xiii) above shall apply with equal force to the referring, recommending or procuring by a pharmacist or any person, specimen or material for diagnostic purposes or other study/work.
xv. The contract is liable to be terminated in case a Pharmacist commits a breach of the code of conduct of the Bank mentioned above or the terms and conditions of the contract accepted by him/her, displays negligence, inefficiency or indolence, or knowingly does anything detrimental to the interests of the Bank or in conflict with its instructions or is guilty of any other act of misconduct.